cards

Monday, December 8, 2008

Hunter's Party

Well, we finally got Hunter's party for him. He invited 4 boys over for pizza, cake and video games. The boys did play video games, but they also spent a large amount of time playing outside with the numerous Nerf Guns that he has managed to accumulate within the last week. We got him a big one and then he purchased one with his birthday money and then he got 2 of them at his party, plus one of his friends brought one from home so there was plenty for everyone!

Here is a picture of the cake that I made for him. Hunter mentions to me the night before that he thought it would be nice to have a cake that is in the shape of the nerf gun that he just got. What??? - I didn't think so, so I steered him back into the direction of what he originally wanted. A round cake with multiple layers of white and chocolate with raspberry filling and fudge. I said we would make the top look like a target.

I did jazz up the cake board by stamping some somewhat appropriate images on it. I had mostly hunting type of images to put on there and didn't want to go that route, so I did the best that I could. Still turned out nicely and I will definitely do go back to that idea with any other cakes that I end up doing.


Here is a picture of the inside. I was actually quite please with how the cake tasted. I didn't go the scratch route, but went with Betty Crocker instead. I have a recipe where you add 1/4 cup of extra flour to the mix and off the top of my head, I can't remember if the water and egg amounts change or not, but either way, it turned out quite yummy. The raspberry inside was just a jam bought at the store. Hunter's huge request was that there be as little frosting as possible.

I am hoping to add some more pictures tomorrow and I do have a couple of cute ones of the twins too.

Also, today we are going to go see the Dr. for the twins' check up. I still can't get over the fact that 3 years has passed. And get this, I made the appointment for 8 am. I do this everytime and then complain about it. I can tell that today will be one of those days. Hunter also has early release - ack!

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Katie, what a lovely cake, decorated so beautifully. It also looks very yummyliscious. Hugs from Desire

Anonymous said...

mmmm yummy I want some cake! what a cute idea :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!
Yay for Nerf Strike. Santa is bringing one for us.
em